Saturday, April 28, 2007

i'm a bride

i am exhausted. i just fell asleep and woke up again, and now i'm struggling to keep my eyes open. zouk last night was fabulous with yy, we had a good time chatting before joining the gang at zouk members. i think we're the only ones who can truly understand how each other feel, hah.. anyway remember the lambor guy i was talking about a few posts back? i met him again last night. first impressions count, but i must say they are rarely accurate. they are merely first encounters that are normally insufficient for us to pass judgment. i was pleasantly surprised when i realised lambor guy is actually a very nice and decent person when he is sober! he started off by apologising profusely for endangering my life that night. we had a fine time chatting about life and stuff and he totally altered my perception of him. he wasnt really who i made out to be. second impression definitely scored points. :)

we headed to velvet after a while, the usual boozing and small talk continued. we were joined by yy's friends soon after, then we returned to the ultra packed phuture for some last minute dosages of vodka red bull, and finally closing off the night with bah chor mee supper at bugis. i was a little high when the night ended.

partying hard and some crazy decisions led me to be in this semi-unconscious state now. barely managed to catch a few winks, before i had to head down for my bridal show today. preparations began at 9am today, at grand plaza hotel. YAWNS. i was how tempted to just stay put in the comfortable bed and report in sick, but..responsibility is the word..professionalism as well. at the end of the day, it wasnt the monetary gains that kept me going (cos i was getting peanuts anyway), but the loooveee for my work. hahah..frankly of all sorts of modelling jobs i've done, photo shoots, events or whatsoever, the runway is still where i prefer to be. though sadly to say, my height is one restriction for me from getting the real big deals.

i've always prided myself on being able to catwalk fairly well, but i wouldnt rate highly of my performance today. this is my first bridal show, the first time i'm donning real wedding gowns, and i'm simply not very used to walking in big puffy costumes with long flowing trains. i was sooo afraid i'll step on them and fall! that is a disastrous thought. i was very careful to watch my steps, and hence i felt that took away some of the natural elegance and poise that should normally accompany me in my walk. i would make a clumsy bride! :p oh well, perfection comes with experience. i'm sure i'll fare better next time! anyway the organisers were pretty cute, we wore sports shoes to walk in the last set of gowns, cos they wanted to portray a fun and lively image of one in gown. that's my fav segment..it's so much easier to walk in flats haha.

the stage

me with our small model aka little princess before i had my bombastic and demon-looking like hair.

me and pretty pretty veron, she was one of the nissan models too, and if you've met her before, you will neverrrrrr believe this well endowed girl is only 18 this yr. haha.

me and rach: demonesses, please do not ask me why they decided to give us such hideous looking hairdos. we looked like chemistry experiments gone wrong. but they're supposed to look fine for runway standards. although franking speaking, which bride would look like this on her wedding night?? how on earth does that make the gowns look more attractive on us? more vogue or more character? dunno what these organisers are thinking manz..

me and estelle, another pair of 7th month ghosts

my make up artist, she is rather cute dont you think so? she did a good job on the make up as well.

the little darling that everyone adores

all of us, the 6 models plus the little one.

it was fun with the girls as usual. :) it was especially heart warming seeing so many couples too. i could almost smell the scent of love in the air. may all these married couples live happily ever after! whee...~ :D

i have been so caught up with the pursuit of superficial superiority, that i've forgotten what that truly matters is what that lies inside you. thank you for reminding me! :) i'm more than what i give myself credit for?! a little restoration of self esteem is good for health.

No comments: