Sunday, September 05, 2004

Finale

Yesterday marks the ending of my 2 months' catwalking... Dinner and dance came and went, and everything is finally over.. Like all endings, partings are such sweet sorrow. Emotions were high, a mixture of joy and sadness. Though all of us knew that we are definitely going to run into each other in school, we also know that things are never going to be the same again. No more endurance of harsh scoldings together, no more crapping, joking and slacking during trainings, no more trainings til wee hours of the morning, no more late night suppers.. We have formed strong bonds with each, hopefulling one that is strong enough to withstand the fact that we aren't going to see each other as often now..

It has been a wonderful experience. The feeling when you look back at something is always different. They showed this video of us during trainings, the bash, OG fashion show..and I suspect everyone felt the same way as me when they watched it.. A sense of nostalgia.. I have learnt so much about myself from this pageant. Imagine doing loads of catwalk in front of so many people..the dean was even there last night! Imagine having to answer questions on stage...

There was this performance we had to put up. Each couple was supposed to act out a scene from a movie. Mine was one from the Sassy Girl whereby the girl made the guy wear her high heels and walk. Hey to tell you the truth, never in my life before this did I think I could act, not to mention in front of an audience. I always thought I was the sort who would tremble and just DIE if you ask me to do stuff in front of so many people . But..apparently things went smoothly. The skit went really well, the audience was cooperative.. It is actually not that difficult! Outsiders would think it's not easy, but now that I've done it, I would say it's definitely not as difficult as it seems...of course there was the rush of adrenaline, and backstage was literally freezing cold, me and fellow contestant were like hugging each other and constantly reminding each other to keep calm the moment before we were supposed to appear on stage.. All in all..I really enjoyed it..

Post- pageant. We went for a HUGE supper after the event. We went newton to eat since it is one of the few places that is opened at 2am. Satay, singtray, lala (cockles, suger cane, dumplings.. We are all going to get fat after pageant heh...

Back to my life..I'm going to be so free from now on..time to concentrate on my studies..

No comments: