Monday, February 11, 2008

year of rat

this chinese new year has been rather boring, as like all the years that preceded. the usual once-a-year gathering with my relatives, except this year's reunion dinner and chu yi's bai nianing was at my place, so i could hide in my room occasionally when i feel bored. the usual polite greetings and occasional small talks were exchanged. the usual ang baos were received. well well, just about everything was the same..almost.

zouk on chu xi: yong and hong, the twins' bday

was at butter on friday night and it was the first time i was so sober in a club for a while. and as dearie said, "everyone on the dance floor looks so silly when you're sober." couldnt agree more, which explains why people are so obsessed with the idea of getting intoxicated. at the end of the night, i dont know whether i should feel empowered by the fact that i could walk straight; or vexed that i was not able to enter another world where i could get lost in...

nonetheless, i am glad.

春到河畔 with bf

bf won mr pooh and mr monkey for me from the games booth!


the old supreme court


watched the notebook on sat night. i love that show! some particular memorable quotes from it.

Young Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'

Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.

Young Allie: So what?

Young Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.

Young Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.

Young Noah: Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?




yawns. and i'm sleepy now. what is going to happen in a few months? in a year? in 5 yrs? in 10 yrs? who knows..but as long as i'm happy now....

No comments: