Saturday, September 15, 2007

the world is my school

i'm back from my first working trip and am feeling drained of every bit of energy in my body. just like what many of my working friends have told me before, travelling for work and travelling for leisure are two different worlds apart. bkk and hk are supposedly the few shopping paradises that singaporeans love, but believe it or not, i didnt have time to shop at all for this trip. alright there was an hour or so when i was at causeway bay and could probably shop but i was too tired to appreciate the crowds and boutiques. furthermore, hk is hot, hot, hot now! and very very hazy..the pollution is terrible. it's said to be caused by the pollution in southern china.

i've met an awfully lot of people.. i've learnt a lot too..thanks to my boss who taught me much. my real school, only begins now.

but sometimes i wish i dont know so much.. it seems that the more i know, the more cynical and skeptical i feel about this world, and the people in it. faced with the ugly truths of life, as much as i hate the cold hard reality of it, there's no other way out but to accept it. i hate that feeling of helplessness.

work leaves me with much lesser time for my social life than i would have liked. however the whole new subject which i have unwittingly ventured into remains fascinating to me.

and for now, i apologise to all i have neglected over the past few days.

my dearest colleagues: marie and michelle!

me and one of the thai boys we met at the club. cute eh!!

the view of hk

No comments: