Thursday, November 23, 2006

my value

just want to add some thoughts, early in the morning before i start off my day. even though it's already 9.45am now..haha i dont think that's considered early for some of us.

believe it or not, i've long become immune to derogatory comments made about me. my policy is, which i believe i've reinstated on my blog several times in the course of time that i actually have a blog, if i have to care about what the whole world thinks about me, i'm gonna lead a very sad life. but i do care about what my closest friends think....

no one really cares about anyone. everyone is self centred, and we really only care about ourselves. when people come to my blog and call me a slut whatsoever, i wonder what they really want to achieve. you wanna put me down? you wanna ruin my reputation? it makes you feel better? you have nothing better to do, and you're looking for some sort of amusement and entertainment? whatever. i'm not sad, you are.

[to passerby: no, you dont fall into that category, your comment is perfectly acceptable.]

people who badmouth or backstab one another, are those who are truly insecure about themselves.

and also, i believe that self esteem and confidence is something that you have to have in yourself; you determine your self worth. it's not measured by how much compliments given by others or how many trophies you have won. if you believe in yourself, then it's pretty difficult to let anything get you down. but it's tough..we are humans after all..we get affected by others' opinions of us. it helps get me through failures and rejections sometimes though. "i didnt get the job, but it doesnt mean that i'm lousy. probably i'm just not lucky this time round, or there is someone who is more compatible with the job than me." haha what a consolation...

alrighty i gonna go school. see ya folks.

No comments: