Tuesday, April 26, 2005

the saddest thing about a funeral..

desperately in need of intensive mugging for my morning paper tmr, but couldnt resist dropping a post. just returned from my grandfather's cremation. the first drama was that when i got there, everyone was alreadying in their white shirts and black/blue slacks and socks standing in front of my grandpa's casket and photo, holding a bunch of flowers and/or incense sticks in their hands.. the shifu was praying. i was hurried to change into that extremely baggy slacks. there were rituals to be done, like walking around the casket and plucking the petals off the flowers. *blurs* i had completely no clue what to do, just followed my cousins ahead of me.

the rituals doesnt make sense. so the soul will really rest in peace? hmm made me think.. rituals are more for the living than for the dead ya.. to make us feel at peace that the death is at peace. i wasnt particularly THAT sad. know what was the saddest part of the funeral? not when i walked past the casket n peered into it n seeing my grandpa's face.. but when i saw my grandma sobbing uncontrollably..at her age.. and my aunts n even uncles crying.. made me want to cry too.. but if i cry, that would be ridiculous. even my mum didnt cry.

after the cremation we were supposed to throw away our socks. great. cos i was the only idiot who didnt bring my shoes along. so i had to walk barefoot onto the road to hail a cab. eeee..

oki mugging time. one morning gone.

No comments: