Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New year, new beginnings

New year, new beginnings - or so a customer said to me when I told her I was leaving the gym. Yes indeed, nothing to fret too much about. Life will bring on new opportunities.

So we have made the big decision to desert our grand business plan prematurely. I can't say if that's the right decision, but that is definitely the best decision at the moment. 

I simply cannot work with someone who is : 
- a control freak
- an obsessive OCD
- uncommunicative
- cynical and think the world is out to cheat him/her 
- puts profits before people 
- resort to despicable means to get his/her ways
- rude
- no EQ
- hypocritical
- pessimistic and negative
- always stressed 

Yes, the list is not exhaustive and I could go on.

Yes, apart from the financial sense of it, I am sure I have made a wise choice.

I have seen it coming. Even from the early days. When visions are so different. 

I live by the motto that if you take care of your employees, your employees will take care of your business. 

Maybe I'm naive. Maybe that's why I'm not cut out to be a business owner. I can be a good boss, but maybe i can't make money for my business with my welfare mentality?

Must all business owners be...unscrupulous? 

I don't know. 

Anyway I'm kind of in a limbo at the moment. I have been exploring options but the odds are not in my favour with Baby Heidi coming along in June this year. 

Moping around is not my cup of tea and it makes me feel inadequate. 

I try to console myself that there are many SAHMs out there who devote their lives to their children. I have utmost respect for them and I agree that parenting a child is the ABSOLUTE MOST CHALLENGING job in the entire universe. Those who think otherwise - you are just ignorant. 

But. It's just not for everyone. 

And sometimes being away from her will make me a better mother when I'm with her. I'm starting to understand this. It doesn't mean that I'm a better mother if I spend 24/7 with her. Being good 12/7 is better than being crappy 24/7. 

So, what to do leh?

Can't find anything meaningful to do leh...

Maybe I will just be a chill mum for the next 5 months and meanwhile concentrate on my marketplace website first...

Sigh.

INSPIRATION. NEED YOU.

No comments: