Wednesday, July 04, 2007

the graduation

i've graduated!

just ended my grad ceremony about an hour plus ago. a boring ritual that almost had me drifting off to sleep, nonetheless essential..to mark the end of our 3/4/5/10 years in NUS.

so they say,"WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!"


in attendance: my darling mama and papa, my all time good pals ck and ant, my poor lab partner liting who has been abused/exploited by me over the 3 years, maoyuan and jason my erm pseudo squash mates in sci. the rest of the crew are deemed missing in the sea of dark blue gowns and mortar boards!

my greatest regret for this ceremony:
the absence of...
1. my dearest
2. my bestie
3. my dear old partner, terence: i honestly wished we could have graduated together. oh well..you're missed!

as the speaker preached on during the ceremony, i experienced flashbacks of the 3 years i spent in nus. arriving at eusoff hall for the first time and having my room D310..meeting my partner for the first time in macs, thinking he looked like an ang moh only to find out he's really more like an ah beng..all the sci pageant practices..late night milo pengs at fong seng, playing squash in eusoff, doing car washes for DP, dressing up as a nurse for DP, meeting my darling for the first time in the DECK, ck and ter coming in late and buying spinelli for me, night spent at sheares hall blasting amino acid sequences!! camping in the central library tutorial room studying, meeting the PA 7 for the first time in the sci room, space....why is it now, that i'm deriving joy from the most mundane things that we've done?

and as the years progress, my memories in school thin as i stop going to school as often..haha..

moving on...

No comments: