Saturday, July 08, 2006

hong kong, here i come!

i'm finally going to hong kong! flight is 3.45pm tomorrow. exciting, excited. bringing a half-filled case to bring back all the goodies i anticipate i'm going to buy over there hehe. looking forward to the shopping, the yummy dim sum, chou toufu; looking forward to meeting my friends, and spending quality time with my bf. :)

will be going to hk first with dearie, and then we'll join bro and hanfai in macau on sunday, and spend the night at rita's aunt's place in macau. back to hk on mon. we will all be bunking in at michael's place. accomodation costs saved! which is why i have the luxury of staying in hk till the 18th..a good 11 days spent abroad!



so..till the 18th....

---

dearie, the sweet and sour pork was lovely today!! :)
i'm sorry for my outburst. :(

---

i'm not actually an ice queen.
neither am i a difficult person.
i dont mean to be unfriendly, or insociable.
it's not my intention to appear cool, aloof..or arrogant.
but there are times when i just cant help retreating into my own private world..
a stubborn denial to comply with social calls.
i call it the i-cant-be-bothered-abt-what-u-think-of-me mode.

---

have you ever felt yourself trying to be someone else, so that you can impress the person you're talking to? so that you'll appear smarter, less ignorant, more mature, more endearing..whatever.. anyone but yourself..someone with a little less imperfection. sometimes i find myself doing that, doing intelligence-check on sentences through my brain before output, for fear that i'll say something stupid and get laughed at. so there are times i remain silent, because i gathered it's better to appear unresponsive than dumb.

haiya. and then at the end of the day, i ask myself,"what for?". what for pretend to be someone i'm not..so what if i appear stupid to the other person.. so be it then. if the person cant accept me as who i am... then... forget it man. life is short. if i've to go on worrying about what everyone else thinks abt me, i'm gonna lead a really sad life.

No comments: