Sunday, April 02, 2006

insanity

A car washer no more, a bottle vendor no more..it's time to revert back to a full time student..

All the early mornings and running about the place has finally taken its toil on me. i was so freaking tired, that I've decided to give myself an off day.

A little worried that some things will go wrong without my presence since I am in charge, but I guess sometimes I just have to give the rein to someone else and pray that they know what they're doing.

The tiring car wash week has finally ended. Friday was crazy. I was there from 7am-5pm, only leaving an hour for my tutorial class. Initially I wanted to take a break and go for my lecture, but seeing the lack of manpower on our side, I decided I should just sacrificed one last time again.

It all ended at 5 pm, then we packed up, did the sums and started discussing about the splitting of money with the other team. I was fuming inside when the leader from the other team complained that we missed out a few hours that she was there. Like hellooo...as the leader, you didn't even set a good example for your other team members. Where were you when we woke up at 6.30am just to move the logistics to the car parks? Where were you when we were slogging under the hot sun, or braving the rain? Who settled the log stuff and the admin work? Who missed lectures and came down on all their free slots, missing lunch? Who chased the cars from one end of the car park to the other because we don't want to lose even a few bucks? And the other team members were happily taking their own sweet time to wash cars, chatting away on the phone, giving half hearted work...Now you have the cheek to ask for more money, when you don't even deserve what we are giving you already.

I am angry, because we worked so hard... because I feel we deserve more than that for our efforts.

But never mind, it's for charity. We shall not be petty. At least one of them knows what we've been through.

After we settled the money matters, we set off for Chinatown to get our consignment goods. Two inexperienced drivers and one non-driver, driving a manual van was a HUGE mistake. I drove first. It was a bumpy drive. We didn't know the way, or rather we did, but we missed the exit and somehow ended up ...god knows where. Then somehow we got to bukit timah, Newton circus, town, selegie, little India, faber park..anywhere but Chinatown. Keng Moh took over at faber park...by some stroke of luck, we managed to get back on track, but not without scratching some car which was reversing by the road side first..that wasn't all, we finally reached our destination 1h 30mins after we left nus, km entered the multi-storey car park, and when he was doing a turning in the car park, he made a wrong estimation of the turning radius, and so...the back of the van knocked against the pillar, and now the van suffers from huge dents and long prominent scratches, and oh...bits of the glass of the backlight came off.

What a wonderful evening.

We are so dead. If all the money we earned from the car wash is going to the repair of the van, I'll just cry.

And so we got to the shop 2 hours late. Gordon, joe and Carmen were all really nice. I think they felt sorry for us, after seeing three dejected faces, so didn't have the heart to scold us. Carmen and joe followed us to padang to drop off the goods, but after we got there, we realized that we forgot to bring the banner and the canvass. So..we cannot leave the goods there. A wasted trip once again.

I drove home with Fengyi and the rest went off. All was good. Thankfully. Bro parked the car for me at home, haha cos I wasn't confident of going up that roundabout car park at my house. I did the accounts for the bazaar with fengyi for the next 1.5 hours...and after she left, due to some complications, carmen decided to fetch me back to school at 2 am, back to my hall to get the banner, back to the sci club room to get the canvass, and then back to my place to transfer the goods from the van to her car.

So my day officially ended at 3.30am. I almost died.

Saturday was slightly better. Set up booth at padang, and then went over to sembawang naval base to set up another booth


cute little girl beside our padang booth..couldnt resist taking a pic of her.


goods covered with canvass..to protect from the heavy rain.


ours too..covered with 2 pathetic cloths..


the man that eats fire

i need a break.

Time to start studying for my three tests next week.

No comments: