Sunday, August 01, 2004

First week in hostel

1st August! July flew by. Haven't updated my blog for the past 11 days. One of the reasons is that I haven't been at home for 7/11 days. Staying in NUS Eusoff Hall..did I mention that in the previous entry? Hmm can't remember. I have a single room to myself. The room has a bed, a large desk, a wardrobe and a full length mirror (yay!). I'm still doing my utmost best to 'furnish' the room but for now it still looks pretty empty. No books to fill the empty shelves, no lap top to occupy the desk, no picture to cover the blank white walls..yet..the things will come soon.

It's hard to believe that it has only been a week plus since I moved in. Partly because in these few days, it seems I have done so many things. There were ongoing orientation programs and games everyday, but sadly to say some of them are disappointingly boring. Actually the activities which I enjoyed most is just sitting down around with my group mates and crapping, or going to Fong Seng (consisting of roti prata and other stalls) next to my hall. Yes that's the best part..being with my new friends, people whom I'm going to be seeing very often for the next year.

There are a LOT of foreigners in Eusoff Hall. Plenty of PRCs, Malaysians, a few Vietnamese, one from UK, another one from Sri Lanka, Pakistan even... Interesting mix of people, but unfortunately we the locals tend to stick together, with some Malaysians. Different cultures..hard to click.

No comments: