Sunday, July 17, 2005

home bitter home

i'm home! and not particularly happy.. would have love to stay longer but..oh well i've been there long enough, and there are stuff to be done. home is home, no matter how hot and humid and stressful it might be. hah. had an unpleasant account with the rudest taxi driver the moment i touched down. dad was fetching me back home,we were at this small road when a cab driver just barged in from the opposite direction , causing both cars to be stuck. furthermore there was another car illegally parked beside us, hence it was too narrow for us to pass. the most obvious thing to do was for the taxi driver to reverse and let us go first because:

1. we were there first
2. even if my dad reversed, the angle was all wrong, the cab wont be able to pass through also.

BUT you know what that stupid idiotic old man did? he wind down his window, and started hurling insults at my dad! "cant you see it's broad enough? just drive la! turn here full lock, nonono wrong wrong la stupid, not so much. hello uncle, you how old already? just got your license is it? like that also dont know how to drive." I MEAN HELLO. my dad is 54, and he has been driving for like..at least 30 yrs?? and that stupid old man was saying my dad cannot drive or judge whether the space is large enough to fit a camry??

i was SO FUMING mad that i scolded him,"hello uncle, you too old liao is it? it's obviously too narrow for us to pass through, if you could only just reverse and stop screaming like a madman, we would be able to move easily."

THEn he shouted at me can! called me a ji po! and asked me to come down and fight.. i almost wanted to laugh out loud. how ridiculous can one get. an man in his seventies wanting to fight with a 20 yr old girl?? oh man, he is so childish! i think he is in danger of getting a stroke and high blood pressure. anyway after that i couldnt be bothered to say anything more since the man was evidently beyond reason. so i stuck out my tongue, gave him my most mocking smile, and "lai la, shui pa shui" look.

eventually we managed to squeeze through that narrow gap after some help from onlookers. my only regret was i didnt take down his car plate number, so i coulc make a complaint. i admit maybe i should have kept quiet instead of stooping down to his level. BUT i couldnt take it when he insulted my dad. and knowing my dad, he wont say anything. SIGh. if i was a guy, i would have pointed my third finger at him, but of course, i'm not that crude, i'm a lady. haha.

so that was my first incident in singapore, since i came back. sigh. ugly singaporeans. i cant help thinking, what if there were tourists on the car? he will be the utter disgrace of us.

ok i'll leave it at that.

No comments: